Our general surgery team offers a broad range of routine and complex procedures using state-of-the-art surgical techniques. Our experts have extensive training in disorders affecting the digestive tract, abdomen and endocrine system. Surgeons collaborate with many other consultants at Cleveland Clinic London to ensure you receive a care plan tailored to your needs.
Private General Surgeons: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic London?
At our general surgery programme, you’ll find:
- Multispecialty care: General surgeons work closely with experts in gastroenterology, colorectal surgery, hepato-pancreatico-biliary (HPB) surgery, head and neck care and plastic surgery. We use this team approach to review your case and provide you with a range of treatment options from multiple experts.
- Innovative tests and treatments: Our surgeons have extensive training in the latest minimally invasive techniques for diagnosing and treating digestive diseases. In many cases, we can use endoscopy, laparoscopy (keyhole surgery) or robotic surgery to treat your condition without open surgery.
- Care for complex conditions: We specialise in caring for large or recurrent hernias, severe pancreatitis, advanced cancers and other complex conditions. The exceptional skill set of our surgeons means we can offer treatments that you won’t find at many other institutions.
- Focus on safety: Whether you need a routine outpatient procedure or a complex surgery requiring hospitalisation, your safety is our top priority. Consultants are on call 24/7 and our state-of-the-art intensive care unit (ICU) is staffed by an in-house intensivist. We’re always standing by to deliver rapid care in critical situations.
Our Treatments and Services
Our wide range of surgical capabilities enables us to design a treatment plan suited to your needs and preferences. We perform many minimally invasive procedures, which help you recover faster and with less pain.
Our general surgeons offer:
- Abdominal wall reconstruction: General surgeons and plastic surgeons work together to offer major abdominal wall repair for large, recurrent, incisional or other complex hernias.
- Bariatric surgery: You receive state-of-the-art procedures to treat obesity, all performed laparoscopically. We offer sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, mini-gastric bypass, revisional procedures and other types of bariatric surgery for long-term weight loss.
- Endoscopy: Upper and lower GI endoscopy assesses and diagnoses a range of digestive disorders. We can also perform biopsies, remove early-stage cancers and treat other conditions without major surgery.
- Hernia repair surgery: We repair ventral, inguinal, umbilical and other hernias using open, laparoscopic or robotic techniques.
- Laparoscopic appendectomy: This minimally invasive surgery removes the appendix.
Contact us or call +44 (0)20 3423 7500 for more information about our general surgery services.